Wednesday, July 27, 2011

365 Photos Day 207


207/365

Today (Tuesday) a high school classmate lost her battle with ALS.

I rarely light candles in church, but today I lit 12 in the Mary chapel. It's not that I think Frances needed any help finding her way to Heaven--I'm pretty sure she's got that covered herself.

No, I lit the candles for her husband, Scott (also a classmate and a friend), their two young daughters, her extended family, and their friends. I asked for peace for them in their time of grief and sorrow.

Scott and Frances wrote about coming to this difficult decision on their blog, Rebekah's Page, and have both faced it with resolve and courage, even though it must have been heartbreaking. I know even just reading it makes my own heart just ache for them and their entire family.

Réquiem ætérnam dona ei Dómine;
et lux perpétua lúceat ei.
Requiéscat in pace.
Amen.

No comments: