Sunday, July 17, 2011

365 Photos Day 197


197/365

This weekend is the State Softball tournament for the Kid's team. It's in St Cloud. I HATE driving in St Cloud. I lose massive IQ points trying to drive in St Cloud. I'm pretty sure that even a GPS couldn't help me there.

Why? I haven't the slightest. I can drive in traffic. I can drive to places I've never been before. I can drive in all sorts of weather.

But I go to St Cloud and immediately it's like my sense of direction is non-existent and I get lost, thus taking what I like to call "the scenic route". I think it has something to do with the fact that the streets and avenues are interspersed. Like I can be on the corner of 25th STREET and 2nd AVENUE (I don't actually know if that's a valid intersection), or be happily going down a street when I should be going down an avenue. Seriously, is it SO HARD to come up with different names for them all? Or how 'bout the streets that magically turn into a whole DIFFERENT street without notice? What's up with that?!?!?!

Today wasn't any different. But I did get there between games and got this picture of her, so my trip was not in vain. Plus I got to listen to my audio book (The 39 Clues: Vespers Rising), so that was good. And, I got to have some Coldstone ice cream on the way home (which I thankfully did NOT get lost trying to find--either Coldstone or the way home, although that was a near thing).

And to think...I get to do it all again on Sunday. Well, actually today, I guess. YAY!!!!

No comments: