Sunday, July 24, 2011

365 Photos Day 203


203/365

As I was going to do my Photo of the Day for Saturday, I realized I hadn't uploaded Friday's yet. So, here it is.

Storytime is on Friday mornings during the summer. This year, since it's my first year running it, I've been kind of making it up as I go along...which seems to be the central theme of my life sometimes.

This week, we "went" to India. There were a couple of Jakata tales read (The Monkey and Mr Crocodile was one of them) and a book about the Hindu Festival of Light, Diwali. I had the ambassador candidates and my storytime crew sing a song that Amanda had learned in preschool, which is what they're all doing here.

The tune is to "So-and-so and so-and-so, sitting in a tree", but it's 5 little monkeys sitting in a tree, teasing Mr Crocodile, "You can't catch me, you can't catch me". Along comes Mr Crocodile, quiet as can be. SNAP!.......Four little monkeys sitting in a tree.

It's a catchy tune, and was stuck in my head all day. The kids loved it, though, and giggled each time Mr Crocodile came along and SNAP!

No comments: